Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm Alive, I Swear!

Due to my Spring Semester of classes very recently starting up, my WoW blogging has came to an almost near halt. *sadface* I am relatively active on Twitter (@Aesadonna), so feel free to follow if you are not already if you can stomach emoticon spam and occasional derpocity. ;-)

(As an aside, I finally updated my kill shots page! With Deathwing down, how could I not?!)

 ARENA
  • In the Arena, Nathadan and I are currently 38 - 34 (53%) and are sitting at a 1488 rating. We are both battleground lovers at heart, so making the switch to Arena has been a real challenge for the both of us. I am a "pummel now, ask questions later" girl at heart, so learning group composition make up and what to do has been tricky. (Especially how to kite Frost Magi / Hunters! I smash things, not dance in circles!)
  • The classes that me the most pause are: Discipline Priests, Well Geared Warriors / Holy Paladins, Talented Blood DKs, SUPER talented Hunters (I can shred a lesser quality one easily), and pretty much ANY kind of Druid - though especially Feral. CC heavy teams, such a priest/warlock or a warlock/mage combination are teeth-grittingly annoying, but if Nath and I keep smart, we can usually beat them. I also groan when I get a team fully in plate, such as DK/Paladin or Warrior/Paladin because I know I have got an extensively long fight on my hands. My attacks are reduced to wet noodles on a fellow Plate wearers.
  • We are aiming to rank this season, since there are so few 2v2 teams on Elune that are currently ranked. It is kind of a prestigious goal for two Arena n00bies, but we really have made significant progress through trial and error.
PVE PROGRESS
  • As noted in my previous post; ding, dong, the witch dragon is dead. Within two weeks, we will be starting on Heroic 25m Dragon Soul. *gulp* The thought of working on current Heroic content is both scary and exhilarating! I have really got to bring my "A" game; our two other DPSKnights, Castela and Lildwarf, are both fabulously good players and I feel like my damage is really poor when compared to theirs. That might just be my perfectionista side speaking, but either way, I cannot let the guild down with subpar perfomances!
  • Shadowmourne, Shadowmourne, Shadowmourne. Last week, I received 5 more Shards, bringing my count up to 14. We also as a group got a few more achievements closer to the meta drake (Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher), which is exciting! We are missing The Orb Whisperer, Portal Jockey, Been Waiting a Long Time for This, and Neck-Deep in Vile. Three out of four of those achievements most likely require a full raid, especially the two LK related ones. Though, my GM Ranico mentioned going back and defeating 25m Heroic Lich King as a full guild group, so I am really hoping that happens! We would get those last two achievements, a sweet title, and a shot at the best mount in the game... Invincible. I am enough of a fangirl to name my cat after Arthas, so hell yeah I want a shot at his mount!

  • I am not planning on keeping any of the goodies that come from the Unsealed Chest, as my greatest gift is my Legendary and the comradery of my guildmates. More on this later... :-)
  • Also, our Nerfed Content group was able to venture into Ulduar 25 on Monday as an attempt to get Mindalen Fragments for her legendary. Very unfortunately she only received one Fragment the entire run (their drop rate are really stingy), but we still had fun! Our little group are now Astral Walkers and are one little achievement away from getting our Proto Drakes.
MISCELLANEOUS
  • When I get some more free time, I am planning to write up some more Plate Transmog posts, as well as a post of Aesadonna's personal "fashion" choices. If I am not PvPing, I am parked in front of the Auction House or running Old Content to beef up her wardrobe, so yeah, you can officially say that transmog is a big part of my WoW-experience now!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment