Sunday, April 8, 2012

Frustration.

On the bright side, I was able to get in on a Heroic Hagara kill last Wednesday. UR defeated her last week as a guild for the first time, but I had missed out due to the Real Life Aggro Machine. So, yay, acheesement! And double yay for one-shotting her. :-)

Ignore my hot (extra) dead body, that witch decided to nuke me at 2% during our final lightning phrase.

And now, for the part in which Aesadonna whines mercilessly about Heroic Ultraxion progression.

Never have I felt like such a failure in my seven years of playing this game. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best Death Knight out there, hell, I'm grateful to my guildies and the officer core for putting up with my shenanigans. But for the most part, I'm competent. Even while H Ultra is completely borking my frame rate and actually freezing my computer due to the lack of optimization of the fight itself, I'm still able to pop into blood presence and furiously smash the defense cooldowns needed to soak the Hour of Twilight as directed with a relatively good rate of success. My derpocity doesn't extend to not being able to press buttons, or I doubt I'd still be a raider.

But rather, it seems like no matter what the hell I do, I can't break over 34k DPS. I average 32, or 29-30 whenever I have to fight my computer more substantially. I'm expected to do 36k minimum and I'm nowhere close, even whilst adding Golemblood Potions to my rotation. The fight itself doesn't pander to the strengths of a Frost Death Knight, but there has to be something I'm missing. I'm so desperate at this point that I've considered dropping my 2nd PvP spec and testing the waters with Unholy, since I have a Gurth'alak. Or even attempting Masterfrost, though apparently that's a hot mess if you don't get the rotation just right. I feel like I'm running out of options.

I just can't stand the thought of being a liability, it's sucking the fun out of the game. Kind of ironic that I used to complain about my ex-guild's lack of enthusiasm for the game outside of raiding, but I think I understand now.

2 comments: