Monday, December 12, 2011

Adventures in PvP

Admittedly, battlegrounds have never really been my thing. Pre-Cata, the only time you'd see me willingly queue for one is if my priest, Fiannah, needed a quick piece of gear to replace something sub-par. Any other foray into the world of PvP was me trying to bond with my fiance, Jake, who is an enthusiast. (His Mage is a Lieutenant-Commander from the Vanilla ranking system, an achievement he's quite proud of.) Me and PvP never really quite ended up working out; I couldn't find a comfort-zone in battleground healing.

Early 2011, I switched focus from Fiannah, who was my main character since Burning Crusade, to Aesadonna because my then-guild needed a melee toon to round out their 10 man raiding roster. As someone who healed from Vanilla up until that point, playing Aesadonna was a breath of fresh air in a game that had gone stale.

With PvE content feeling revolutionized, I tried my hand at PvP once again. Surprisingly enough, I didn't feel the same strong feelings of revulsion that I came to associate with non-world PvP. In fact... it was kind of fun! The best part was that after years of keeping his ass alive, it was my Jake's turn to heal ME! Mwahaha!

Rambling backstory aside, what this post is really about is the fun I had PvPing with my Twitter friend Shiftea Sunday night. Granted, I'm still far from a PvP mastermind but I'm learning and having a blast along the way. Throughout the night, we had several different people join us, including Gorp, Veroicone, Nathadan, and Zeolet. Yay for making new friends! (Especially of the healsie variety. *grin*) Hopefully, this PvP-fest will become a weekly thing as mentioned -- perhaps becoming Aesadonna of the Alliance isn't such an unobtainable goal afterall. (And plus, even if the title thing doesn't happen, 50 conquest points per win?! That means less way less Arena! *cheer*)

Of course, what's a post without pretty pictures?


Stormy Assassin

Get 5 Honourable Kills at each of the bases.

All Over The Isle

In a single Isle of Conquest, kill a player at each of the following locations - Workshop, Docks, Alliance Keep, Hangar, Horde Keep.

Defense of the Ancients

Defend the beach without losing any walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment