Monday, December 19, 2011

Week in Review #1.

In the spirit of wanting to become a more active WoW-blogger, I've decided to post either a weekly or bi-weekly recap of things that Aesadonna has accomplished or awesome happenstances. So, here's Week in Review #1!

- Two of my guildies (Kaygome and Venat) are running weekly Old World raids on Tuesdays (paired with some random achievement accomplished outside of a raiding environment) for fun and transmogrification. Unfortunately for the first week, only me and Ponerya tagged along. We ran through Serpentshrine Caverns and Tempest Keep. I personally wasn't looking for loot from either place, just camaraderie. :-) Kay, Ven, and Pon all got some form of shinies, so that was awesome to see. Afterward, we ventured off to Vash'ijr with a few more interested guildies to hunt down the Whale Shark. (Despite the fact that he drops no lewt. ;-P) I *cough* may have spent the entire fight dead and unable to find my body. (Derp Kn00b moment #423434, for those who are keeping count!) Still managed to get the acheesement and a rez from Amowrath after much whining once the combat ended. All in all, it was a good time and I'm looking forward to tomorrow!


- Our progress on 25m Ultraxion... so close, yet so far away. As a team, we've made significant progress last Thursday, even though the Technical Difficulty boss kept trying to wipe the raid. Our best attempt had him to 2%, so I have faith that we'll absolutely down him this week.

- As a relevant aside, I was one of the people affected by the Technical Difficulty boss. What I didn't know before the raid started was that my surge protector had seen its last days. The power in the house flicked THREE times, forcing my computer to reboot during various encounters. The first time it did it made me the angriest; we were in LFR as a guild group, battling the Madness of Deathwing. I missed 90% of the fight! When I FINALLY got back into the game, I was in time to ding the Fall of Deathwing achievement with everyone and watch the cinematic... I missed out on the fun part. :-| At least it won't be the only time we'll be doing the encounter; I suspect it'll feel more "real" when we down him in normal, anyway. LFR is a wonderful tool that lets casuals and other various types of players who can't fit into a raiding schedule for whatever reason experience content... but it's a joke for a decently geared raiding guild.

DPS and HPS for that attempt, for those who are curious.

Terribad screenshot of Beefbus, Alexstrasza, Aesadonna, Trusker's ass, and Zweibel wayyy in the background. At least this screenie doesn't have Cataha photobombing like my first attempt did.

Oh ho ho, I am so punny. (Attempt #1, obviously.)

Random fuckery after the Attended Boss grabbed hold of one of our healers, Effraeti. I /slap'd Amowrath around until he let me have a turn on his Tiger, tee hee. We have the weirdest relationship.

- Thursday was also one of our Rogues, Atimos', last day raiding with us because he's leaving WoW for SWTOR. It was sad to see him go; he was a great rogue and a good guy. He had a macro he liked to use during moments of derp; "Atimos slaps ___ (usually me!) with a wet trout", so I flipped it back at him after the raid instead of giving him a /hug goodbye. I found it was suiting and it got a laugh out of him, so hey! ;-P With his remaining VP, he bought Aesadonna her vendor bracers, which I thought was really cool of him. Buh bye, bracers full of nasty ass critical strike!

- Speaking of critical strike... urgh! It seems like every piece of generic strength plate gear is just chock full of it. Considering that crit is dead last on a Frost DK's priority list, it makes me pout quite a substantial amount usually to Amowrath. I've been passing on "upgrades" and letting my fellow DKs duke it out for gear because of this fact. *sigh* I'm actually in the works of making a custom gear priority list, so I'm sure this won't be the last time you hear me whine about crit. *cough*

- It's Winter's Veil! (Oh... joy.) This is actually my least favourite WoW-holiday because I think that the meta is a pain in the ass. Perhaps I'm just bitter because back in 2009 when I accomplished Long, Strange Trip on Fiannah, I was Horde and only needed to place mistletoe on 3 NPCs, not the EIGHT that Allies have to do. I cannot get mistletoe to spawn for Aesadonna for the life of me, so it's extra aggravating! When it comes to holidays, my impatient ass likes to rush through the achievements to get them out of the way, and well, that's just not working out for this Winter's Veil because lady luck RNG is NOT on my side. And don't remind me of how my level 1 bank alt has 10 sprigs of Mistletoe...

- Aesadonna has a shiny new transmog set because I was growing tired of the Death Knight "blues". Eventually I am going to compile a post completely dedicated to what I've got, what I want, and how I plan on getting the gear but for now, I'll touch on the subject briefly. Aesa's new look isn't compiled from super rare drops or anything of that nature; it's called Stormforged Plate and it's a level 83 set for Paladins created through Blacksmithing. I like the chainmail detailing and the fact that Aesa's midriff isn't exposed. Since it shows a little arm, I left my Antiseptic-Soaked Dressing on, which is apt for my living dead girl. Can't have her looking TOO much like a Paladin, despite her wishes. ;-P

The set of blues that you earn as you progress through the DK starter zone, paired with the Knights of the Ebon Blade tabard to show patriotism. I mogged her axes into Teldrassil Protectors because they sort of matched the colour scheme of the gear. (Plus, it's a pretty weapon!) 

Stormforged Plate. I especially love the detailing on the shoulders and boots! Her weapons are mogged into Mardenholde Axes because they match the colour scheme of the gear quite well. Her cloak is the Warmonger's Cloak until I can find something a bit more suiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment