Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week in Review #2.

This past week has been pretty eventful, even for it being the holidays. :-)

First off, last Wednesday, UR got our very first 25m Ultraxion kill! Oh and yes, I did scream when he hit 1% and then dead. Derp!

Aesadonna bested the awful Mistletoe RNG and finally finished up Long, Strange Trip. Since my former main completed the meta back in 2009, I slacked quite heavily on Aesa since she was just an alt at that point and I did NOT want to do all that shit all over again. Boy, that decision bit me in the ass! But nonetheless, it is complete, sans a few of the holiday achievements that aren't included in the meta. *cough*TurkeyLurkey*cough*


But the priiiiiize. Aesadonna already had Master Riding, but I'm not gonna turn my nose up at this beauty. Proto-Drakes are among my favorite type of mount and well, it's purple! Double awesome, ohmahgawd!

Amowrath is now interested in Transmogrification and I am proud! At this point, we were twins. xD Now, he's opted for Lightsworn (good choice!) and I'm in Thassarian's Battlegear (with a few modifications!)

Beef and I did quite a bit of PvPing last week. That's not the part worth mentioning... but us stepping back into the Arena is! We went 6 - 7 (46%) and our team rating is 575. Not that horribad for a couple of Arena n00bs! Our We both got Conquest capped for the first time since the patch hit and I was able to purchase my first piece of Cataclysmic Gladiator gear -- the Dreadplate Chestpiece.

Even though I am sitting in mostly 390 PvP gear (Season 11 Ruthless), any team that was rocking multiple pieces of the Cataclysmic Gladiator's gear completely owned me and Beef. It's quite amazing how potent the new gear is! We went up against a Warrior/DK combo twice that had us KO'd in less than a minute. The Warrior shredded Aesa's health like she was wearing cloth, while I was stunned and helpless to retaliate. The DK, I grudgingly admit, was much better than I am. He kept Beef locked down in the background, unable to heal me while his partner went to town. Synergy like that, it can't be beat, and that's what I hope that Beef and I can eventually become. I would really like to learn and grow when it comes toward Arena, since they're outside my comfort zone.

Does anyone know of good resources dedicated to the art of Arena? I am familiar with ArenaJunkies, but I would like to expand my horizon beyond a single site!

Huzzah for 'cheesements! Beef and I plopped on our Gaudy Sweaters and sang our hearts out in enemy territory.

While invading the Horde capital cities, I convinced Beef to do BB King with me, since we missed out last year.

The hardest leader to pelt was Sylvanas, just because of the set up of her room. It took us four times for both of us to get her! Ironically, Orgrimmar was the easiest, despite it being the main Horde hub city. Garrosh's room is spacious and you can fly right into it. If we were on a more balanced server, I could imagine Hordies griefing us and making it 10x harder, but Elune is seriously whacky when it comes to Alliance/Horde ratios.

Being former Horde helped too, because we knew the location of the guards and exactly where each leader makes his/her home.

Fun fact! This achievement pushed Aesadonna to 8,900 points. I'm so close to 9k, I can almost taste it! (Om nom?)

Aesa has yet to win Lumpy, but she received the Clockwork Robot Bot, the pet from 2007's Winter's Veil. Sweet! (Also, it was pet #136... getting closer to 150!)

No comments:

Post a Comment