Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ups and Downs.

I am... disappointed.

Probably have little right to admit that, but, well, I am only human. Our attendance for ICC was so poor last week that we had to bump the difficulty back down to regular. Do not get me wrong, I am glad that we were able to run the raid at all and I am forever grateful for the few who show up each week to support the guild, and well, me. But running regulars just means we are going to be stuck in ICC-hell for longer. In heroic, I tend to get anywhere from 6 to 9 shards. This week? I got 3. That is a pretty damn big difference. The kind of difference that will tack on many additional weeks.

I do not begrudge those who have real life obligations and can genuinely only show up to our progression raids -- life should always come before gaming. I, however, do frown upon people who showed up for the first Lich King kill, who are regularly on WoW in their downtime, and then fucked right off. If you are not going to support the guild, get the hell out of our old-world raids and back to trade chat. Harsh? Maybe, but I am not doing this for me. I do not plan on keeping or selling the shiny trinkets for my profit, and really, what is an outdated orange stat-stick but bragging rights? This one is for Undying Resolution.

So this is my plea to my guildies who have a few hours to kill: please, pretty please, we in the Nerfed Content Group would be grateful for your presence. The more of you that show up = more shards, more shots at achievements, and more happy people flying around on shiny skeletal drakes. We cannot do the harder achievements, such as the two Lich King oriented ones, without a nicely padded group.

I am still not 100% sure on how I am going to distribute the items from the chest, but I want to reward those who have stuck by, through it all. It sucks that we do not receive a guild-wide reward, like Lil' Tarecgosa, and my biggest fear is that I am going to end up disappointing someone. *sigh* I have been tossing around the idea of a raffle; each time you show up and stay 'til the end, you get your name placed in a drawing? *shrug* If anyone has any idea how to fairly distribute the items, shoot me a comment, forum PM, or an in-game mail. Keyword: fair. Playing favourites is not what I am about.

Current Shard Count: 18/50.

I am not the only guildie in need, either. Do not forget that on Monday nights, we run 25m Ulduar to get Mindalen her heal-y mace legendary. This past week, Ulduar was cancelled due to the lack of attendance. That is so not cool, y'all. Let us all help her get her shiny orange stat-stick and the guild another Legendary acheesement! Anyone into transmog, Ulduar is a fabulous place to pick up interesting gear. I wear a full set from Uld. ;-) And we do Algalon each week, so come and get your Astral Walker titles! Bring your alts, bring your (approved) friends... just show up and help out!

[/steps off soapbox]

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Aesa!

    I know I have not been attending the off-night, Old World raids the past couple weeks. I have just been feeling so crappy and tired that most non-raid nights I log on, fiddle with something meaningless for a while, maybe get a level or three on a lowbie, and stare at the screen until I convince myself to go lay down even if it IS 8pm. :/

    I have not even had ambition for any of the THREE world events going on right now...

    I will make an extra effort to join you and give my support!

    ~ Effy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Effy, you are SO not one of the people I was bitching about. *hug* It would be great to have you along for the ride once you are back up to speed, health-wise, but not before then! :-)

    ReplyDelete